We maintain a large regression test suite, if you're planning to submit code, please provide a test that reproduces the bug or tests your new feature. See this page for information on the Npgsql test suite.
We have a TeamCity build server running continuous integration builds on commits pushed to our github repository. The Npgsql testsuite is executed over all officially supported PostgreSQL versions to catch errors as early as possible. CI NuGet packages are automatically pushed to our unstable feed at MyGet.
For some information about the build server setup, see this page.
Thanks to Dave Page at PostgreSQL for donating a VM for this!
These are the steps needed to publish release 3.0.6:
- Merge --no-ff hotfix/3.0.6 into master
- Tag master with v3.0.6
- Push both master and v3.0.6 to Github
- Wait for the build to complete
- In TeamCity, go to the artifacts for the build and download them all as a single ZIP
- Nuget push the packages
- Write release notes on npgsql.org, publish
- Create release on github, pointing to npgsql.org
- Upload MSI to the github release
- Delete hotfix/3.0.6 both locally and on github
- Create new branch hotfix/3.0.7 off of master, push to github
- Close the Github 3.0.6 milestone, create new 3.0.7 milestone
Emil compiled a list of PostgreSQL types and their wire representations.